Monday, September 3, 2012

Canterbury@ULM


Last week Canterbury@ULM met for the first time this fall. We shared pizza, elected a student president and vice-president, and talked about how we want to proceed.

The students agreed that they prefer to meet on campus most of the time, but that they would occasionally like to come to St. Thomas' for something special. One student even mentioned having a barbecue to attract new members! So I was delighted to tell them that they are invited to the annual barbecue and should bring a friend they think might be interested. I'll talk about that more this week and try to give you an idea of numbers that might be coming.

The Tuesday 5:30 - 6:30 meeting time we began with also looks like it will work well most of the time, so we're sticking with that. Finally, we discussed program and I'll share more about that in another post.

Please feel free to visit the Canterbury@ULM blog (linked above) and sign up to receive e-mail notifications if you wish. However, if you don't want to be bothered with every communication that goes out on that blog, don't worry. I'll update you occasionally through this blog.

And, BTW, I wrote something for the last newsletter and thought I sent it, but apparently didn't. I'll do better in the future!