Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Interfaith Thursday Evening

St. Thomas is involved in the Interfaith 
Accountability Session this Thursday night at Mt. Zion Baptist Church. The event begins at 7:00 and ends at 8:30. The purpose of the meeting is to allow the Monroe School Board Members and the candidates in the run-off election (if possible) to have an opportunity to support publicly their commitment to working on issues that have been identified as important to our community. 

We need St. Thomas members there!! Please consider taking time from your evening to support this effort. This is a time when our very presence will speak to public officials. 

Mt. Zion is located at 211 Mt. Zion Street in Monroe. The church is located on the left  just off of N. 18th Street and soon after you cross Louisville going south toward I-20.

IF YOU NEED A RIDE, PLEASE CONTACT ME BY RESPONDING to this email asap. You can call me also at 355-4319. If I don't answer, leave a message and I will call you back. I know some of you already have obligations, but I am so hopeful that we will have a solid group who will be there. 

Thanks!