Monday, July 9, 2012

The Deacon's Sermon Blog

iPhone Diary: 4 April 2012 (The Shape of Light)





I do not preach very often at St. Alban's and I haven't preached at St. Thomas' in a long time. That is not because Fr. Whit and Mthr. Dawnell don't want me to! It is because the demands of my day job limit the amount of time I have to write sermons. Moreover, I am called upon to lead services and preach at various churches around the convocation that do not have full-time priests, and preparing for those occasions takes most of the sermon-preparation time I can manage.

But I keep a sermon blog, and when I do preach, those sermons eventually get posted on the blog. I just posted a homily I preached at St. Alban's Tuesday of Holy Week and since they liked it a great deal, I thought it would be a good way to introduce you to my sermon blog. One of the things I like about blogging sermons is that I can illustrate them, sometimes with my own photographs! Feedback is always welcome.

Here's the link: http://the-deacons-sermons.blogspot.com/2012/07/shape-of-light-homily-for-3-april-2012.html