Wednesday, October 6, 2021

From Dawnell+

Dear St. Thomas’ Family and Friends,

Sunday, October 31, 2021 - The Twenty-third Sunday after Pentecost will be my last Sunday as Priest-in-Residence at St. Thomas’. What an honor, privilege, and joy it has been to serve as your priest.

Who could have imagined the journey we’ve shared together as we worked, worshiped, laughed, cried, and loved together since 2007 - a week after I was ordained by Bishop Bruce MacPherson as a deacon in Mer Rouge. Six months later, I was ordained a priest here at St. Thomas’.

As many of you know, St. Thomas’ is the home of the Stodghill family, the place where my Sister-in-Law Stephanie and her husband Guy were married, and where their children were baptized, the place where, my son Thomas was confirmed, and the church where we buried my Mother-in-Law, Mary. With you, I have celebrated life, worshiped, sung, baptized, confirmed, married, and buried many of your family and fellow church members. What a time together we’ve shared!

St. Thomas’ is a wonderful, and vibrant parish. Canterbury at ULM adds so much to our life as a community, along with our service to the Monroe area. We are a place where people gather, walk, rest, and pray. And, we share a deep connection with the other Episcopal Churches in our convocation - loving and supporting one another. 

With God’s help. I know that St. Thomas’ will continue to be blessed, and be a place that blesses others as you all continue to serve and follow Jesus.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your lives. I look forward to seeing you all in the future, as we gather as a Church, and Diocese and to hearing the latest good news about you, your families, and St. Thomas’.

With my love, Your Servant in Christ,

Dawnell+

The Rev’d Dawnell S. Stodghill